Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grace Avenue Morning


A couple of weeks ago when the morning temperatures were still in the 50s, I set out early to get some shooting in before work. Aiken is known for it's thriving horse community and I wanted to search around to show off Aiken's best. On my way to work each morning, I drive past Ford Conger field, which is the site of Aiken's steeplechase. During the spring, it's beautiful as the temperature changes and the fog floats above the ground. You can see the morning mist and the horses in their stalls waiting to get out. On the particular morning that I was shooting, I didn't see a whole lot of activity in the stalls across from Ford Conger field, so I jumped in my Jeep and started driving. I went down Grace Avenue and there it was--the sun slowly rising, casting an orangish haze over the field. I got out and leveled my camera as the horses and riders made their way to the training track. "So that's how they get out there!", I thought as the shutter clicked one by one.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool shot, nice lighting

Christopher Hall said...

Thanks for your kind words, Mary!