Sunday, May 17, 2009

Changing Seasons


I finished cutting the grass this afternoon and sat in my backyard drenched with sweat. I thought about the fact that it's the middle of May and we've already reached numerous days in the 90s. "Summer is closing in," I thought, as I slugged down another glass of water. It felt good to feel the breeze blow across my skin, as I sat there looking over my work. When I came inside and started looking through photos for my weekly post, I came across this picture that I had taken earlier in the year. It was a good reminder that all seasons come and go.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It would be cool to be able to walk into that picture and cool off, walk back and warm up, wander through the various pictures and experience their realities.

Christopher Hall said...

I like the sound of that! I had moved to South Carolina many years ago and as the years pass I enjoy a lot of what the south has to offer. I still enjoy my trips back 'home' and look forward to the cooler summer weather up there, especially in the U.P.