Sunday, May 31, 2009

Flower Garden




One of the things I love about this time of year is to watch the flowers grow. Each morning for the past several weeks, I would get up early and even before I get that first cup of coffee, I would peer out in my backyard to see if the flowers in my garden had started blooming yet. Eyes barely open, looking bleary-eyed without my glasses, I would see no signs of color, then shuffle away grumbling and start the coffee maker. Then my Daylilies would start to swell up with a bloom, each day the bud getting larger and larger. I waited for it to pop open until that magical day came. Pop! A burst of color! And each day after, more and more would burst open. What a miracle!

My flower garden is pretty simple. I have some Daylilies, Gladiolas, and Four O'clocks. I also have a few weeds. It's inevitable. I also have some ardent gardeners as friends whose gardens I also enjoy (thanks for the some of these flowers, Wes). And each day, I get to watch it unfold.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Lovely lovely day lilies!!! beautiful macros!

Christopher Hall said...

Thanks, Mary! They're the perfect flower for me...low maintenance!