Friday, April 3, 2009

Impressions




Columbia, SC -- This past weekend, my girlfriend Dee and I went to the Turner to Cezanne exhibition at the Columbia Museum of Art. I might add that we're celebrating nine months of bliss this weekend! I had always like the Impressionist period of art and Monet was a particular favorite. With digital tools like photoshop, I have a way to create my own impressionist 'paintings'. All original photos are from right here in the beautiful state of South Carolina. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Katherine Muschick Schneider said...

Interesting creative effects on the photos. What great inspiration - seeing JMW Turner's "The Storm" and all the rest.Think I'll have to make a road trip to Columbia to see the show too.

Christopher Hall said...

Thanks, Katherine. When the show opened, the 'critics' panned it as being small and not any of the artists critical work. I thought it was great, especially given that it was the first stop in the US.