Monday, August 3, 2009

Graniteville--The Final shots



It was an early Saturday morning about 7 o'clock when I pulled up on the final day of shooting. As I was grabbing my gear to walk through the area, a car pulled up behind me. A guy with a female passenger--both too well-dressed for this time of day--started throwing out a series of questions. I fielded some questions and threw out a couple of my own. He was the person responsible for the protection of the facilities. He seemed defensive when I mentioned that our area is going to change and I wanted to capture our history before it was too late. "Oh it is, is it?" He went his way and I mine. After another swig of coffee, I marched along the sidewalk wondering what I'd capture today.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some very nice Photos, You should contact the bizymoms Midland community to get your article featured to their large mom community. http://www.bizymoms.com/midland/index.php

There is a form on their expert page, http://www.bizymoms.com/experts/index.html </a

Christopher Hall said...

Thanks for the kind words, Shanice! I'll check that out.

Anonymous said...

Christopher,
Beautiful shots! I too have a love for what may soon be going away, and have shot Graniteville and some of the other mills myself.
Gilbert

Christopher Hall said...

Hi Gilbert, It would certainly be a shame if this were all plowed down instead of renovated and made a permanent part of our history here!

jgw said...

Christopher,
So you have a studio in Aiken?
We are back and forth, Atlanta to N Augusta, multiple times per month. We'd love to stop in and see your work in person.
Gilbert

Haven said...

Excellent blog.