Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Pitch for Pittsburgh






Pittsburgh, PA -- I went to Pittsburgh last July, met some friends there and had a blast! It never occurred to me as a destination point, but I would definitely go back! Living in a smaller town, it was cool to see the specialty shops in the downtown area--cheeses, chocolatier, coffee and the list goes on. I stayed right down by the waterfront at the Hilton and friends of mine were quite a few blocks away. I walked the streets at all times of night and never felt in danger, which I thought was amazing for such a big city. And clean? It seems that in recent years, the city has gone under quite a transformation. And did you know Pittsburgh ranks second in the world in the number of bridges? Only Paris has more. As great a time as it was, it wouldn't have been complete if I didn't get on the water. Walking over one of the many bridges, I stopped at Kayak Pittsburgh and rented a boat and pushed out on the Allegheny. After heading down to where it merges with the Monogahela to form the Ohio river, I went down a little further, then paddled up the Monogahela. After a couple of hours, I felt the ease that always comes back into my soul. Ahhhhhhh!!!

No comments: